1. It is supressed in the Modern World and it is expected that we are to turn the other cheek for the sake of civility.
2. This eventually leads to violent outbursts because the anger finds no expression.
3. Depression is anger turned inwards.
4. Anger fuels obsessions, phobias, addictions, and manic tendencies.
5. Passive Anger is expressed through secretive behavior, manipulation, self blame, self sacrifice, ineffectualness, dispassion, obsessive behavior, and evasiveness.
6. Aggressive Anger expressed through threats, hurtfulness, destructiveness, bullying, unjust blaming, manic behavior, grandiosity, selfishness, vengeance, and unpredictability.
7. Methods for handling anger include directness, honorability, focus, persistance, courageous, passion, creativity, forgiveness, and listening. People who possess these qaulities are able to manage their anger effectively.
8. The Key is to learn assertive communication techniques, ie expressing feelings and needs without offending or taking away the rights of others.
9. In the heat of the moment and while angry one should try to see where the other person is coming from and stand in their shoes. It is very difficult but empathy for others is a sign of good anger management.